DWI Attorney Serving Clients in Rockwall, Dallas, Denton, Tarrant, and Collin Counties
An Obstruction of Highway charge is a Class B misdemeanor in Texas that is usually offered by the prosecution in plea bargains, giving those charged with DWI an alternative option to plead guilty to a lesser offense. Sometimes the State will reduce DWI charges to obstruction of highway charges, if they feel they have a weak case.
When a person pleads guilty to obstruction of highway, they have a few advantages:
- Eligibility for deferred adjudication and possible dismissal of DWI charges
- Eligibility to apply for Motion for Non-Disclosure
- Maximum punishment of up to 6 months in the county jail
- Maximum fine of $1,000, as opposed to the $1,000 annual surcharge on your driver's license if found guilty of DWI.
At the Law Office of Christopher N. Hoover, located in Dallas, we represent clients for obstruction of highway charges in DWI defense cases throughout Texas, including the cities of Rockwall, Dallas, Murphy, Arlington, and Celina, in Rockwall County, Dallas County, Denton County, Tarrant County, and Collin County, Texas.
If you would like to learn more about how you can reduce DWI charges that have been brought against you or someone you love, contact us to schedule an initial consultation. Our Texas DWI defense attorney, Chris Hoover, can help you find the best solution for your particular case. Call us, Toll-Free, at 1-888-252-4DWI, or locally at 214-521-2277.
Factors to Consider When Arguing for Reduced DWI Charges
Should you decide to plead guilty to obstruction of highway charges to reduce the fines and penalty fees of a DWI conviction, here are some factors that will be considered:
- Defendant's DWI criminal history
- Details and evidence of driving while intoxicated
- Whether or not there was an accident or injury involved at the time
- How well the driver performed on video recorded field sobriety exercises
- Chemical test results, if any were given or taken
- Willingness of the prosecutor to try a DWI case
Contact an Experienced Dallas DWI Defense Attorney
Contact the Law Office of Christopher N. Hoover to learn more about your legal rights and how you can reduce DWI charges, by pleading guilty to obstruction of highway charges. Call us at 1-888-252-4DWI, or 214-521-2277.